Good Evening Band Friends and Families!
Just a friendly reminder that this Wednesday is our first annual Citywide Band Night. We hope you will come join us! Please sign up if you haven’t already. Also please share this video invitation from the band with your child!
(also on YouTube at: http://youtu.be/5SGsBhBw8eI)
If you missed the previous invitation, a copy follows below. In the event of rain we will postpone to the following Wednesday (10/22) and notify you by email. Hope to see you there!
Hello Elementary and Middle School Band Families
The Melrose High School Marching Band is inviting you to the first ever Citywide Marching Band Night next Wednesday October 15 from 6 – 7pm!
This is your chance to see first hand what goes into putting together our half time and competition show. All of the students that you will see out on the field started taking lessons in elementary school and then continued on through middle school just like you are doing. We thought it would be a lot of fun to have you come watch a practice and get a sneak peak at what lies ahead for you when you get to Melrose High School.
Not only will you get to watch us perform, but you will have a chance to come out on the football field, under the bright lights, and march alongside members of the MHS Marching Band! You will learn how to stand on the field, how to respond to the drum major, and how to march in time with the rest of the band.
Here’s what you need to know -
- All elementary and middle school band students are invited!
- Please sign up by clicking here so that we know how many to expect.
- Parents should accompany students and stay for the whole hour. All family members are welcome!
- Students can bring their instruments if they wish to but it is not required to participate. (snare drums and bell sets won’t be necessary – you could bring sticks/mallets)
- Parents are encouraged to take pictures and we will allot a short time for photo opportunities.
- Apply bug spray, bring water, and wear appropriate clothing for the weather that night.
- If practice is cancelled due to rain we will notify via email and try for the following Wednesday.
- Arrive at the high school football field by the concession stand at 5:50 pm for a 6:00 pm start.
- Wear sneakers and warm clothing (based on the temperature that night)
The high school band students are really excited to have all of you come. They remember not so long ago when they were your age! Come see what you have to look forward to now that you are part of the Melrose Band Family!!
As an added bonus… join Boston radio station 105.7 WROR as they salute the Melrose High School Marching Band as their band of the week! They will be there to record and interview the band during rehearsal.
Please sign-up here!
Check out these great pictures and videos on the band’s website from our performances so far this fall.
We hope to see you at rehearsal next Wednesday!